Benefits of Co-op for Children
- Children participate in a supervised play and learning experience with children
of their own age.
- Equipment, materials and physical facilities are scaled to
- An opportunity is provided for children to interact with adults
other than their own parents.
- The children are able to find security and a
feeling of belonging in a world which is non-threatening and interested in them.
to respect the rights and differences of others is emphasized.
- Children have
hands-on experiences with Cooking, Creatives, The Arts( Martial Arts, Yoga, Dance & Music)
- Fees are kept at an affordable rate
Benefits of Co-op for Parents
- Parents gain insight into their child's behaviour by observing
- They observe how parents and the professional
teachers handle various situations and gain greater understanding and enjoyment of their own children through active participation
in their education.
- They have the oppprtunity to share their
experiences and expertise with others while working together in a co-operative setting.
- Through serving on the Board, parents learn about administration, running meetings and other skills
useful to them in in other areas of their lives.
- They also
learn useful ideas for helping their children at home and in the world around them.
Benefits of Co-op for the Community
- Parents and children develop an extended family and friendships they carry throughout
- Parents gain a strong sense of responsibility and develop self
worth which carries over into every aspect of community life.
- The co-operative
organization provides preschool experiences within the financial means of most families.